Mission and Vision of NKUHT
I. Amiable campus
- Listen to the needs of students and the faculty to create a campus which best suits their well beings in all aspects.
- Check and improve facilities to establish a comfortable environment for learning and living.
- Create and honor the value of life through liberal arts education that helps students succeed in all areas.
- Attract international students to cultivate academic exchanges and reinforce industry-academia collaboration.
- Emphasize practical needs from the industry with a focus on students' third language acquisition.
- Introduce the concept of flipped classroom and MOOCs to revitalize existing curriculum.
- Apply multiple promotion criteria to encourage professional development among instructors.
- Encourage instructors’ active involvements in the industry to foster greater industry-academia tie-ups.
III. Inventive research and development
- Integrate and devote resources into academic and industry innovation and R&D.
- Tap into the alumni network to encourage the industry’ further involvement in talent cultivation.
- Modularize hospitality and tourism knowledge to provide professional guidance in industry development.
- Share resources between industry and academia to strength NKUHT’s professional image on innovativeness and innovation.
IV. Resource integration
- Ensure tasks assigned to teachers are all in line with their specialties and personal interests.
- Redesign spare spaces on campus and review administrative system to improve the quality of education.
- Develop solid financial plans for a sustainable future of NKUHT.
V. Social responsibility
- Fulfill our responsibility as a member of the global village and pursue perpetual development of NKUHT.
- Provide green education in accordance with the changing environment and promote green hospitality, tourism and culinary education.
- Fulfill social responsibilities and proactively consult and help traditional industries.
VI. Sustainable management
- Integrate resources from alumni to nurture entrepreneurship and assist in business operation.
- Develop NKUHT’s leading position in training teachers of hospitality and tourism education at the secondary level.
- Shoulder the responsibility of educating the industry and promoting social conscience.
- Apply for international certification and accreditation to ensure the quality and accountability of education.